Thread: Proposal: Byfuglien
View Single Post
01-05-2014, 12:39 PM
vCash: 500
These Buff proposals are almost as good as the Edler proposals. Though if anything the Edler ones are more reasonable, and I think I'd rather have Edler.

Buff would definitely help the Flyers, I'm not down on him the way a lot of fans are. He's not perfect, but adding him to the current group would be an upgrade. He'd get Meszaros out of the lineup, he'd get a forward off the point on the PP, and with the right partner his weaknesses could be masked a bit. But the right partner would be heading to Winnipeg in this scenario, which makes it a lateral move at best, and that's before we throw in our picks and power forward.

And speaking of said power forward, his stats are somewhat similar to another power forward, one who plays for the Jets. The one whose price on the main board is something like Crosby + Malkin + 1st.

I assume the Jets are sellers...I'd offer Luke + 2015 1st for Buff. Obviously the Jets pass, but that's as high as I go.

It just doesn't make sense for any team to pay big for Byfuglien. For what he brings I'd much prefer Yandle who's also a pretty one-dimensional offensive d-man but he can skate.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote