View Single Post
Old
01-05-2014, 12:50 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
It's amazing, Cally has a strong game last night after only his 2nd game back, should of gotten as assist on that first goal, made some great defensive plays, made a nice pass to Richards to end his drought, and played a very solid game creating chances, and looked very close to his normal self.

I would of hoped his solid game would shut some people up from the trade him talks, but nope. The guy could have a hat trick in the next 5 games and people would still want to trade him.

As per a lot of fans, I doubt that it is only a few ignorant people just dont understand how this sport works and to gut a player like Callahan would not be good for this team.
Just to be clear, I'm not sure people want him gutted as much as they are wary of signing him to a long term, high $$$$ contract, particularly with the style of game he plays. At 5 years, 30M I'm happy to have Ryan back. But for 7 years and 45M we're asking for trouble, no? He'll be 29 before this season is up...how is his game going to look in 2 or 4 or dare I say 6 years?