View Single Post
Old
01-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevreelander View Post
LOL get your head out of your butt. Lazy play isn't accepted in the KHL either. Do you really think coaches like Mike Keenan and Oļegs Znaroks will let their teams play lazy? Zherdev is the biggest example here, the guy is one strike away from exile from the KHL. I can't even believe he's in there now, luckily for him Severstal gave him another chance. Maybe you should start watching KHL games before making ridiculous assumptions.

Buchnevich is fine on size, he's already showing leadership, and he's different than other Russians because he plays with a bit of an edge. I think he's most comparable to Kuznetsov or a cleaner more skilled version of Artyukhin. The one thing you're right about is the KHL factor which like it or not will be there for every European soon. Don't blame the players for the KHL factor though, blame the NHL commissioner.

The KHL is a factor because it is somewhat below NHL level, but pays the same, and sometimes higher salaries, plus if you are Russian, you get all the stardom in the KHL that you'd get in the NHL.

If you are a borderline NHLer, KHL may make more sense for you. Look at a guy like Kristo. Let's say he doesn't improve. I am not saying he won't, I'm just saying, let's imagine there was a guy with his skill-set who's already 26 and is not expected to get much better. He can play in the AHL and occasionally get called up to the NHL for a few games or he can be a second liner in the KHL. Which is the obvious choice?

Or take an offensive player who can play on the second line in the NHL who's Russian. He can be called one-dimensional in the NHL or he can be a star in the KHL.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote