View Single Post
Old
01-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I'd suggest that Renney has had the privilege to coach the Rangers' best roster of players that we've seen in a long time and that he's not really a very good coach. As sad as it seems, there were pockets of a month or two here and there with Clueless Ron Low that looked decent too, but he didn't have players that played more than a month or so (see Lindros, Dunham, a 40+ year old Messier and the worst set of defensemen and supporting players one can remember). I think Renney has a lot more to deal with and has a lot more options than any other coach in the last several years.
I'm not suggesting that Renney is a good coach--just the "best" of a bunch of losers that Sather has hired here. And given that management is/was under the delusion that the team they constructed over the summer was one that could contend for a Stanley Cup, I think there is plenty of blame to go around. Sure Renney hasn't gotten the most out of the players he was given, but I would also argue that whomever decided that this group was going to make noise in the playoffs gets plenty of the blame too.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote