View Single Post
Old
01-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Lightningfan24
Is it October Yet?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I think the best thing for Stepan right now would be to get him as far away from Nash as possible.

Stepan's game has never been free-wheeling, dangling, fire-wagon offense. It's been precision strike in the neutral zone, grinding below the hash marks. Goals that come from a sustained offensive presence.

Nash, at the moment at least, is deathly allergic to forechecking, hitting, battling on the boards, really, anything that doesn't involve him having the puck.

Stepan's best play has come when he's involved physically, when he's got an edge; more or less when he's playing pissed. Nash had some fire to him last year, but he's a zombie right now. Krieder is playing very well, and is a good match for Stepan, but the "Superstar" of this team is killing his entire line.

I would try any wing up there. Pouliot has been playing better in the offensive zone (he's still the worst defensive player on this team. He's so soft on the puck in our zone that it's sickening). Zucc has been playing with some fire in him. Hell, Stepan played the majority of last season with Callahan and Hagelin (two grinding two-way forwards like himself), so you could try to throw Cally up there. I thought Cally and Step were fantastic together last year, and I could see Kreider and Cally working well together.

It's insulting that Nash has played himself into a position where he deserves to be scratched, but he has. Even worse, AV threw an "A" on our laziest player, which can't do much for the already lackluster battle level for this team.
Step and Cally did have great chemistry last year, they finished the season on like a 5 game point streak, problem is who centers Nash and Kreider if Stepan is off that line? Richards? Brassard? Richards has better chemistry with Callahan than he does with Nash.

Lightningfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote