View Single Post
Old
01-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 500
After watching Hagg through the tournament and also ~12 games this year in the SHL I think what he can be if all pans out perfectly is nasty 07-08 Coburn with an ego. So basically what most of us thought Coburn could be when he was acquired. So basically kind of like John Carlson I think!

I mean, I doubt he gets that far in all honesty, I think more likely he turns into basically a slightly nastier Coburn or slightly worse, nastier Coburn, and is likely a #4 in the NHL... but he has a pretty similar skillset to Coburn, a slightly worse skater overall I think (though that is not really a knock, his skating is great, but Coburn is one of the best skating big men in the NHL.) with a bigger shot and a better pass.

I love that he has been trusted so much defensively as well, even if he made a pretty significant mistake after playing so nicely in his zone most of the tourney! I remember when he was drafted most said that his offensive skillset was not in doubt, but his D was at times... and he was probably the best Swedish Dman in his own zone.

Still very happy they got him so late... and don't know how he was there when pretty universally considered a late 1st rounder, he has an awesome skillset, and if he can put it together will be a pretty damn good NHLer.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote