View Single Post
Old
01-05-2014, 06:28 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
This. He was the only guy between Risto and the net. He should have tried to angle him out instead of taking him head on.

Flyguy: I was more impressed with Ristolainen personally. Zadarov will be a good one, but you see why scouts question his offensive game. The instincts just aren't there at a high level. Defensively it should a wash though. Either way, buffalo got two good ones.
Agree to disagree then. Zadorov made more of an impact to me. Ristolainen was quiet most of the tournament. That's not a bad thing necessarily for a defenseman, he plays a safe game, I just think Zadorov was a force at both ends. The only thing he really lacks is that initial burst. And while I don't think he'll be making end to end rushes he made in this tournament in the NHL he shows good hands and a bomb of a shot.

Again the Finnish coaches voted Pokka one of the top 3 players on the team and not Ristolainen. That says something to me.

Just to add, watching Teräväinen this tournament reminds me of how disappointed I was when he went at 18. I was hoping and praying he would make it two more picks. I remember the Flyers being linked to him before the draft and kept waiting for us to trade up, but I guess it was just a smoke screen. He carried that team offensively without much offensive talent around him. He's so calm and smart with the puck. You can see the Giroux comps he got before the draft. Chicago got another gem.

Last edited by FLYguy3911: 01-05-2014 at 06:36 PM.
FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote