View Single Post
Old
01-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
I'm guessing that the idea of the brothers Schenn pushing each sibling's potential to fruition was just too much for old Homer to pass on... Also, I too am not taking the rumor about the offer request of only JvR being gospel.

It also must be remembered that at the time of the trade both Luke and JvR were considered players that had not met their potential -- JvR showing signs of dominance but only for stretches and was inconsistent at best -- I believe Yandle was further along and JvR was not considered on a level field as him in development and reaching his potential... he was more of a gamble. JvR and Luke were equal gambles whose teams felt that a change of scenery was required and that they could be better with their Organization... It must also be remembered that most experts feel that D-Men take longer to develop than Forwards. Taking into consideration JvR's past inconsistency and the more time it takes to have a D-man reach maturity, I would not at this time close the book and say that Toronto won the trade hands down... I would wait until their prime years with the teams are complete to decide on the outcome. That said, if JvR continues as he has this season and Luke doesn't step it up... it certainly will not have been a good deal for the Flyers.

My guess is that Homer felt the deal with Toronto was a better all around fit for the Flyers... and we can only guess on the other offers and their details that Homer had on the table to consider.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 01-05-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote