View Single Post
Old
01-21-2007, 01:56 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Callahan and Ortmeyer are not, or should not, be competing for the same spot. Jed, bless his heart for all of his hustle, will never be more than a good 4th liner. Callahan looks to have a shot at being a 3rd line player who can net one here and there. The fact of the matter is that with all of the flotsom and jetsum that this team employs within the lineup, I find it amazing that someone like him has not been given a chance. When, at any given time, you can skate 5 4th liners and a waiver pickup, seems to me that it is a big flag that mayhaps it is time to give someone a chance.
I agree and don't here.

I think Callahan deserves a shot and should be up right now.

I don't agree that Callahan and Ortmeyer should not be competing for the same spot.

Callahan is one of those kids who is ideally suited to start out on the 4th line and then the third line.

Now that's not necessarily what HAS to happen, but I also don't think it's on the "never should happen list".

Now for a player like Dawes or Prucha or Dubinsky I'd say yes, but Callahan is probably the kid out of the bunch that you really could say would work that way.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote