Thread: Prospect Info: OKC Barons 2013/14
View Single Post
01-06-2014, 05:16 AM
vCash: 500
Hopefully he gets a chance here if Eakins is fired, which is unlikely. The more plausible scenario is that someone else picks him up and the Oiler brass look like idiots, again, for hiring a guy MacT would like to grab a beer with over someone way better at actual coaching within our own system.

One thing I've noticed is that OKC always seem finish the season strong, to me that's a sign that the coaching is good. They usually have a big turn over of players but once the team settles in and Nelsons made the right adjustments to fit the roster at hand, the team starts winning more than losing.
I think we'll see a similar scenario this season, once he's adjusted the style of play to the lack of natural offense on his team, they'll find ways to win.

He also seems to get the players to buy in. Guys like Eager, Omark, Hartikainen seem to have worked hard and played to their abilities despite probably being very dissappointed in being sent down.

And the guys coming up seem to be well prepared as well. For some reason they almost look more poised for their first couple of games than after they've been up long enough to catch oileritis.