View Single Post
Old
01-21-2007, 06:01 AM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I know this sounds is a bit weird - but what about these lines after the break?

Prucha - Straka - Jagr
Shanny - Nylander - Ibister/Dubinsky
Hossa - Krog - Cullen
Hollweg - Betts - Ortmeyer

Reserves - Ibister/Dubinsky, Dawes, Immonen, Callahan (Orr)
Trade/wave - Ward, Hall, (Orr)

It can probably cannot get worse offensively as it is now. Too bad when the defense/goalkeeping keeps the scores down but the offensive production just is not there.

??? Thoughts ???

I have reasons for the compositions of these lines. I will get into this after you bring on your views.
I would rather see a trade for a real center and scrappy 2-way North American forward - but if this is not possible without giving up too much - a new strategy has to be implemented...
Letting kids into the lineup?!?! In a second line role?!?! NEVER! lol I really think it would be better for the development of Dubi to get a full season in Hartford as well as Callahan. Dawes I would consider. The trading all or some combo of this group would be super as well: Ward, Orr, and Hall. Even Hossa I don't know I just don't like the guy.

I think that the transition to youth on this team should start with the 2nd and 3rd lines next season and towards the end of this season (If we fall out of the plays and trades ensue). Dawes (RW) and either Dubi or Immonen ( C) if the Rangers do not make a trade at the deadline or sign a UFA in the offseason on the 2nd line. Cullen centering Byers (If he's ready) and Callahan would be a solid 3rd line IMO.

The real area where players need to me moved to get ready for the kids next season is on D. Kaspar, Malik, Ozo (Gone as a UFA in the summer), and Rachunek need to go. Maybe resign Rachunek if he accepts a smaller amount of money, which I doubt he will. That right there frees up like almost 10 million in cap space to sign a UFA center and D-man as well as makes room for Staal.

Time to cut some deadweight Sather lets go get your @$$ in gear!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote