View Single Post
Old
01-21-2007, 08:45 AM
alkurtz

vCash: 500
Identify your 9 most talented forwards (in NY or Hartford) and build your team around them. If using young players give them at least 6 games to acclimate to the speed of the NHL and playing with vets. Skill is the bottom line.

Nylander-Jagr-Straka: no complaint with what they have accomplished and their work ethic. As with all good players, they are streaky and when 2 of the 3 are in a negative time, others need to pick up the slack.

Dubinsky-Shanahan-Prucha: I know Dubs might need more AHL time and there is still no concensus one whether he will be a #1, 2 or 3 center in the future. But he plays a gritty game that I think will go well with Shanny. Prucha needs to play regularly, this jerking him around is just dumb. Put him in the lineup and let him play! If you think last year was a fluke, then perhaps trade him. I don't think it was a fluke.

Line 3 depends on an honest evaluation of Immonen. I've always been a fan of his but do have doubts about his speed. If Ranger scouts feels he can play in the NHL, then:
Immonen-Dawes-Cullen; Nigel is the best goal scorer in the minors and we need secondary scoring!

If Immonen is to slow then:
Cullen-Dawes-Callahan: I know we may be mixing and matching wingers on off wings, but kids are young and can adjust.

In today's NHL, I just don't see the big need for a #3 checking line. Renney never uses one anyway in the way that other coaches put their best defensive forward on Jags.

4th line: Betts, Ortmeyer, Hollweg: best for energy

Get rid of (thru waivers or banishment): Hossa (enough already!), Hall, Krog, Ward, Orr (might keep him around as an extra forward for those rare games where is fighting ability might be needed)

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote