View Single Post
Old
01-21-2007, 08:02 AM
DevilsFan38

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMP5030 View Post
Definately go to some open skates to get the feel of ice, the skating motion is similar but there are some important differences in the balance and feel that you'll need to adjust to. The pickup games are also a good idea as the feel of an ice puck is notably different than an inline puck.

As for skates, my Bauer Vapors ran be about $140 a few years back and I love them, but you're best off going to a local store (preferably one that specializes in hockey) and get yourself fitted by the staff, it's hard to recommend a general skate for anyone when individiual feet vary so much.

Good luck with the switch. I used to play ice in the winter and inline in the summer, I think you'll find ice to be a much more fun game to play. I play exclusively ice now that my local rink added a spring/summer league a few years ago.
Definitely recommend this. Go to a pro shop at an ice rink and ask them to help you - I was so glad I did this when I bought my skates, otherwise I'm sure I would have ended up with something that didn't fit correctly.

DevilsFan38 is offline   Reply With Quote