View Single Post
Old
01-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Should the team really hold out and pray this team somehow becomes a Stanley Cup contender in the next 2 months. Do we really think that is happening?

A few playoff games is worth putting yourself in a really difficult position with the free agents come the summer? It probably is the organizational thinking, but its so twisted after all this time that I can still hardly comprehend it.
You call it "holding out and praying" but I call the reality of being a league exec. Like I said, I'm still in a situation where I wouldn't be surprised one way or the other. For the most part, the only people who don't think this team has underachieved thus far this season are Rangers fans. Most of the rest of the league and media is as uncertain about what the Rangers are as I am. I'm not trying to say that we should all listen to the pundits at all times. I'm trying to say that there is a legitimate reason to give the group another month, even if you and some other fans disagree with it. Just because you disagree with it and want the team to do something different doesn't mean the team is being mismanaged.