View Single Post
Old
01-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbunny1024 View Post
As we all know, the injuries to Dan "Beach Ball" Cloutier and Mathieu Garon have left the Kings with only two minor-league goaltenders, being Barry Brust and Yutaka Fukufuji, as they cannot reclaim Jason LaBarbera from the minors, since he would have to clear waivers.

As a result, the Kings have picked Sean Burke off of waivers from TB. During last nights game against the Coyotes, however, Burke was forced to leavede to apparent dehydration issues. This means that the Kings have been left with a purported NHL-caliber goalie who cant hold his water in long enough, and two goalies with little experience in The Show.

There is no doubt in my mind that with the Kings in a seven-game tailspin, they are going to go for another netminder. The question is: who(m)?

I believe, and bear with me...that this could be a reasonable trade that would benefit both teams...In the short AND long run...

To LA: Al Montoya, Byers, and a 2nd
To NYR: Jack Johnson, & Fukufuji or Labarbera, and a 5th

Let the flaming begin.
Your theory would make sense if you were talking about Kevin Weekes and not Montoya. You mention that they have two goalies with little experience, how does Montoya relieve that issue? Doesn't make any sense...

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote