View Single Post
01-06-2014, 12:33 PM
HFB Partner
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
And how did the "2-3 steps forward" work out in the Hossa and Kovalchuk deals?

I really can't wait til the "soooo how do we improve our defense??" posts start popping up.
didn't hossa walk in UFA? or are we talking about Hossa with the Sens being traded to the thrashers..because didnt the sens make the cup finals a year or 2 later? or am i misremembering?

there are plenty of dump trades like this that work out great for the team giving up the player...rangers traded Scott Gomez for Ryan the time Gomez was though of at least as a 2nd line center, if not a top line.

we got their top defensive prospect after Subban, not to mention Higgins

If the Rangers could walk away with something like Emerson Etem, another one to two top end prospect, and 2 first rounders in exchange for Callahan and Girardi, I'd be all for it.

We've had Cally in our lineup and we've had him outta the lineup, it really hasnt made 1 iota of difference in our play.

Dan Girardi is a warrior, love the guy, but he's going to command a huge contract, and I just think he'd be far more use to us acquiring picks and prospects back than to have him in the lineup for the next 5 years, which will be lean years as his body begins to break down from the kind of hockey he plays.

5 grade a prospects could really turn this team around in 2 years.