View Single Post
Old
01-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Off Sides

vCash: 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I still think Sather and company ****ing this re-tool up is a better option than being stuck with an overpaid Girardi and Callahan for the next 7 years.
This is the part I am just not sure about.

That is how little confidence I have that the organization actually cares about the on ice results, I think they are far more interested in the financial results.

According to Forbes the franchise value went from 282M in 2005, to 750M in 2012.

Revenue has gone from 118M in 2005 to 199M in 2012.

Richards buyout for example would cost 18M spread over 12 years.

On the other hand Franchise value the way Sather and company have been doing things has increased 468M over 7 years. Revenue (and you know they are only counting the least amount they are legally allowed to under the CBA) has gone up on average ~11.5M per year

Buyouts and such are a pittance compared to generating revenue by selling hope with "star" players yearly. As long as they get a couple years out of them, the return on investment is there.

I would assume no matter what they do, sell, keep, resign those player or new ones, we'll see a very similar process going forward, it's a proven financial winner in this market.