View Single Post
Old
01-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Been pimping him on here for quite a while. On the small side at 5'10" and 170 pounds, but ridiculous talent and motor. Reminds me a lot of Erik Karlsson his draft year. He'll go between 15-25 overall in June. You'll have 12-22 GM's kicking themselves 2-3 years from now because they passed up on him.
Yeah I see the Karlsson comparisons, especially the skating, size and maturity at that age. Honka made subtle moves that show his smarts to go with that skill. He should be able to get to 5'11 185 at the least and thats good enough to start his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Honka was one of those guys you just knew was going to shoot up the rankings if he had a successful tournament. Didn't put much on the board, but you can just see the hockey IQ oozing from this kid. He's been having a stellar year in the dub on both sides of the puck. I wouldn't be shocked to see a team gamble on him in the early teens.

Was hopeful he might have a rough go of it in Malmo and he might be available if we had a second 1st round pick, but I think that ship might have sailed. His style of play reminds me a lot of another Finnish defender who has had a great career in Nashville and Philly.
Honka always made good decsions and had many opportunities playing big minutes, once he matures physically he should be a very dangerous playmaker at the Pro level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
A lot of people are down on McDavid due to the Crosby comparisons. He's not Crosby. But he's still a heck of a prospect.
Agreed. I'm not 100% on him, too early to tell. He has the tools, lets see if he keeps it up.