Thread: Proposal: Byfuglien
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2014, 01:48 PM
fauxflex

vCash: 500
Buff brings a lot of things the Flyers could use. There are very few defensmen in the league who can bring the type of offense he does from the blueline. He has a booming shot that he gets on net with frequency and is a potent catalyst in the offensive zone. He's pretty good on breakouts with decent passing and puck carrying out of the D zone. If paired with a competent defensive D man (Coburn if still here/Grossmann) and the team D is where it needs to be, Buff's defensive liabilites can be mostly mitigated. I think his "fat" issues are overblown. You simply can't be that out of shape when you're playing 25 mins a game in the NHL and producing points like he does. For what it's worth, Buff reportedly came into camp slimmed down a bit and with a better attitude.

Personally, I think Buff would be a better addition to the Flyers than most on here seem to think. For me it's a question of price. Coburn + Simmonds + picks seems a bit steep...I'd go something like Coburn + Hartnell (if he'd waive) + 2014 4th rd 2015 3rd. Or Coburn + Cousins or Leier and a 2nd...wouldn't want to part with younger pieces of the core the Flyers are building (Simmonds/Schenn/Couturier/Laughton).

fauxflex is offline   Reply With Quote