View Single Post
Old
01-07-2014, 07:35 AM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I believe we can beat Bos and Pitts in 6 or 7 games IF we stay healthy (HOT Price, PK Subban will always be a playoffs warrior/winner,etc).

We can worry about the Western teams when/if we get to the Cup Finals (let's first worry about being better than EVERY team in our Conference).

Top teams in our Conference, imo:
Bos, Pitts, Montreal, Detroit...no?

Emelin+1st Rnd Pick+_?_
FOR
Byfuglien

Markov-PK Subban
Gorges-Byfuglien
Tinordi-Diaz

Bouillon
Murray
Beaulieu
Drewiskie (in March?)
What's funny is that you're right. Habs are equipped to beat the top teams in the East. But I'm not confident that one or two wins in the regular season will translate into four wins in a gruelling series. In practical terms, what will inevitably kill us will be an inability to score when we need it, and an inability to punish opposing forwards as much as they punish ours. We don't have a punishing core of Dmen - we need that in the playoffs. We also don't have dependable scoring depth. It might show up, it might disappear. We really need to add some scoring power.

I hate playing the 'size' card because I think it's an overrated fetish on this board, but the truth is we need a better balance of physically dominant players to wear down the other guys before they wear down our guys.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote