View Single Post
Old
01-07-2014, 08:35 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
I can almost imagine how our defense will look like if we are trading DZ, Girardi and Stralman for picks and A prospects. If people are complaining about current defense, what are they going to say after the trade?
You deal with it. Letting good players walk to UFA is a HORRIBLE move and HORRIBLE asset management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Defenders are at a huge premium heading towards the deadline. Fans on this forum like to pretend that their team isn't in need of a defensive upgrade, or that they're okay standing pat. Just wait until Girardi gets dangled and the bidding war starts. You think Anaheim and San Jose, both cup contenders, are going to let each other get Girardi at a bargain bin price? Hell no.

Detroit is up and down this year, but they want to win now. That core is old. Very old. Their window is closing rapidly.
Agreed. I am thinking Detroit would like to add Stralman. Less cost, lower cap hit/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
If Phoenix wants Girardi, I do him for Samuelsson + Rundblad. Think that's a fair deal.
I would LOVE Samuelsson. Bring him home to pops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The Rangers want to trade DZ for another top 4 D. Girardi could bring back another D in the deal. Allen could step in. He didn't look out of place.
This makes the most sense. Make sure to get a good young defenseman for Girardi. Let DZ bring in a forward.

Allen looked good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Wait until the deadline to trade G or Callahan. If extension talks go no where, you have to trade them both. You have to maximize return for an asset you're about to lose. Economics 101. Both would get great returns at the deadline that can be helpful in retooling this team moving forward, although losing both is less than ideal.
Either/or it doesn't much matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Move Callahan before the Olympic break. That guy will break more bones blocking a shot in a game against the Finns or Sweden. The Rangers retain some money.
This is what I worry about as well.

If the Rangers were smart, they would use the bolded as a HUGE weapon when they move players. Retaining cap hit especially is a great way to maximize a return. All expiring contracts.