View Single Post
Old
01-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Another game, another loss. Attempted 9 shots, 1 went wide, 2 were blocked/deflected, 6 got on net but all went right into the pads. Lost 5-2 but was even on the night so that's nice. 5g 4a in 9 games, we are 1-8. Sadly, those mediocre numbers lead the team in goals and points, which is why we are that bad.

On the plus side, my speed and agility have improved since I've been on the ice an extra two hours a week coaching the mini mites, which is actually fun.

All summer I spent working to keep my shots lower on the advice of my goalie, and now I really struggle to go high in game situations. I can go bar down in warmups but not on the rush anymore. My goals this year:

- Five hole through a screen
- Low blocker above the pad off the draw
- Deflected point shot five hole
- High blocker through a screen
- Flubbed shot that slid along the ice past the goalie

I'm used to sniping off the rush, especially going high. So I need to get out there and just work, work, work on that. Hopefully the weather cooperates as we've been alternating 30+ degrees and then below zero temps.

For now, I've taped up my Drury stick which should help. My shots seem to now go 2-3 feet off the ice with the P92 curve, so for games where I'm able to get around the defense and get a shot in tight, it will help to have more loft in that situation.