Old
01-07-2014, 12:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
Lets look at that for a second. Last two seasons they made the playoffs got past the first round both time, that is not a mediocre team.
We're talking about this year's team.

Quote:
Now look at this season, Callahan has been on and off the ice, and coming into this season with multiple injuries and has not had the chance to get his game back. He has played only 20 something games, and yet he is considered part of this mediocre team?
Look at their record. Look at their record against good teams.

Quote:
My point is, Callahan has not seen enough action to be pointed out as a problem this season like some rabid fans here are claiming.
Again, it's not about Callahan. It's about the state of this team.

Quote:
Players like Stepan, Nash, Lundqvist, and Richards have been the leaders of leading this team this season to a medicore season.
And I'd listen to offer for all of them. Richards is gone next year. I don't think that simply getting rid of Richards means the team won't be mediocre.

Quote:
After losing Dubinksy I doubt they want to lose another heart and soul player who can also score goals.
Dubinsky has 10 career goals as a Blue Jacket.

But the thing is: it's not about Callahan, it's about the state of this franchise. Take a step back, look at this team for what it really is and take emotion out of the decisions you make — you know, all the things this GM can't and doesn't do.