Thread: Confirmed with Link: Giroux not selected to Team Canada.
View Single Post
Old
01-07-2014, 04:40 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Where's the evidence?

Other than the inclusion of Nash, which I guess you could explain in terms of politics, I'm just not seeing it. Benn was invited to the camp and plays for a southern US market and he was included. If Stevie Y was playing politics and favorites, why did he leave MSL off?
Stamkos was definitely political. I'm sorry, but you don't break your leg, get it operated on and then be ready for the Olympics within six weeks. Just doesn't happen.

I also look at a guy like Kunitz being on the roster. If he's not riding shotgun with Crosby, he doesn't even sniff the collective jock strap of Team Canada.

Nash was definitely political. So what if he's been there in the past. The past two seasons, he's been mediocre to terrible and coming off a concussion that kept him sidelined for several weeks, he's still battling to come to form.

I even look at a guy like Brent Seabrook being left off the roster so that a guy like Jay Bouwmeester is added. Or how about how Shea Weber gets a free pass even though he's sucked this year.

There's definitely politics being played here. Make no bones about it.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote