View Single Post
Old
01-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
Fact is that Hossa has gotten more opportunities and more minutes per game dispite not performing as well as Dawes. I'm just suggesting that in his short time here he should have gotten at least as many minutes as Hossa if not more. And I am just wondering out loud how he would have acclimated to the bigs with that kind of opportunity. We can debate this all day but we both know that info can be pulled out that would support the statement that youth do not get chances until the team is forced to give them a chance (such as injury). There are hardly any examples of a youngster being given a decent look in a position that sets him up to succeed.
ANd what I'm saying is, even if he got the minutes and opportunities of HOSSA, Hartford would still be the better place for his development...

As for the rest, quite a few kids got a shot last year and did quite well...I just don'
t think mostg of the kids that everybody clamored for were ready at the beginning of the season and got some great development time in Hartford instead--which was better for them...Now that incompetent play is sinking the Rangers, and the kids have progressed, the time is right for a few kids...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote