View Single Post
Old
01-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Since86

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal with L.A. Kings

I don't know what it would take for L.A. to part with him but I'd really like to see the Habs pick up Craig Conroy. Here's why...

- He is an ideal 2nd line centre, he is defensively responsible but has offensive upside;
- He is a right-handed centre, something Montreal doesn't have (Lapierre doesn't really count since he's more of a minor leaguer at this stage);
- He is good at face-offs, he would rank 2nd on the team behind only Koivu in face-off efficiency;
- His best seasons were spent centering a line with Rocket Richard trophy winner Jarome Iginla, maybe he can get more out of Kovalev and/or Samsonov;
- He is a veteran presence who came within one game of winning the Stanley Cup with Calgary, you can never have too many guys like him on your team come playoff time;
- He's a nice guy, he's very likable and would likely fit right into the Canadiens dressing room without causing any waves;
- He would provide Montreal with another offensive option, giving us more scoring threats, making us a more dangerous team; and
- He was drafted by the Habs and traded away for nothing, it's time to bring him home.

Now, ideally I would love to part with little-used defenseman Janne Niinimaa since he represents similar cap space to Conroy, but obviously value is not being respected (not to mention the fact the Niinimaa is unrestricted at the end of this season). So, what pick or prospect would have to be added to convince the Kings to give us Conroy?

To Montreal:
C - Craig Conroy

To Los Angeles:
D - Janne Niinimaa & ???

Lines with Conroy:
Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Conroy-Kovalev
Perezhogin-Bonk-Johnson
Plekanec-Begin-Latendresse

Excellent 1st line; Great second line (if it clicks); Very solid shut-down 3rd line; And what a sweet young/energy/speed/crash 4th line.

Thoughts?

Since86 is offline   Reply With Quote