View Single Post
Old
01-07-2014, 11:03 PM
Mint
Black Messi

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE 24 View Post
We all caught a crush on him because he can shoot the puck (something we nearly forgot the site of from a dman in NY) and has skating that almost rivals McD. He also showed he was willing to drop the gloves for us within a short time of arriving here. Those things don't actually make him a good dman, however, and now that the honey moon is over, the reality is that he's barely a #6 right now. Still has time to evolve, but the ceiling is much lower than we were cooing about when we first laid eyes on him.
The thing with Moore is that he rarely even hit the net on the PP, or even produced on the PP, yet people seem to already have been clamoring that he's a better PP dman than Girardi, who's been a solid producer for his role. Moore played the PP in Kitchener, but I think his stats were aided by playing on one of the best PP units in CHL history, because I see zero resemblance of offensive creativity from the blue line like with McDonagh and Del Zotto.

I also don't think his skating was ever close to McDonagh's IMO. I'm sorry, but McDonagh is just stupidly good skating wise, so much that very few in the NHL can compete with.

I think Campoli-Stralman-lite is a good comparison for Moore if he gets it together, which isn't too bad if he's signed to a bargain deal.

Mint is offline   Reply With Quote