View Single Post
Old
01-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
I'm sure there are a lot of reasons why he gets a lot of flak but one of them is definitely his style of play. People expect big defensemen to be mean and nasty. But it's not his style. So right off the bat he is seen as lacking something because he doesn't fit the stereotype.

So he's already got that against him in the eyes of many fans. Add that to the fact that he's not an offensive defenseman, doesn't skate swiftly, doesn't fight, doesn't hit much and isn't a top shut-down guy, and you can see why people get on his case.

Fans expect players to excel at at least one aspect of the game, whether it's goal-scoring or checking or winning faceoffs. Malik this season has just been a disappointment.

I also think he's a bad fit in this conference where the Rangers have to deal with the speed of Buffalo, New Jersey, Carolina, Tampa and Ottawa. Actually he's probably a bad fit anywhere in the NHL these days.
Well said, thats how I see Malik. He is useless in every aspect of the game except shootouts

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote