View Single Post
Old
01-22-2007, 05:56 PM
koncepts

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to koncepts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
If we were going to pick up some kind of depth insurance of the wing-and-a-prayer variety like Conroy, I'd basically have two requirements attached:

1) We don't give up anything significant.
2) The player must be an impending unrestricted free agent.

So to me, that eliminates players like Conroy who have another year on their deals. A guy like Mike York who is apparently exhibiting copious amounts of brutality this year and might be available almost for free, Derek Armstrong is on the Kings, 33 years old, impending-UFA, a better choice than Conroy for us IMHO. Step it up on the rental side for UFAs, I'd be willing to look at the bigger names like Stumpel, Sundin, and Forsberg... BUT!... presumably the asking price will violate requirement #1 above.

Aside to all that, I like the idea of adding somebody (on the wing) like Martin Gelinas for the stretch run. Although again, I can imagine the mega-contenders being better-placed to pay a higher price than us for him.
ok im a kings fan conroy does have another year on his contract and has been struggleing this year with the new coach ... but on the other hand we have DereK Armstrong who has been doing just about everything a team could ask of him he's been the 2nd line center all year playing with either forlov or cammy , army leads the team in PLus Minus with a PLUS 12 he has play 45 games with 8 G and 24 a very effect faceoff man loves to go into the corners and and dish the puck . great team guy this is someone dean wants to resign in the offseason !!!! but if a deal comes up im sure he can be had!!! his salary is like 400,000$ for the rest of the season so the price tag is right for a 2nd line center for a playoff push i really dont know what u guys have to offer but the kings are looking for either young d man that will play in the NHL in the next 2-3 years or draft picks

hopes this helps a little

koncepts is offline   Reply With Quote