View Single Post
Old
01-08-2014, 06:46 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Bad timing to start watching him. He's been in a cold spell really the past like 8-10 games, just had 2 assists against the Icelanders so he might be turning it back up. The kid is really a much better player than Brass at this stage, and he's younger so I really don't understand the debate that's going on here. Watching 24/7 I think the leafs (rightfully) think a lot of him though, in terms of whether we could get him. They give him so much special attention, yeah it's usually negative, but if they didn't see something special in him I don't think they bother with all that. But if they do want to move him, that'd be a great pick up for whoever goes out and gets him.
Yeah, I figure that he isn't exactly hot right now. But I am not really looking at the best plays when I follow a player, more on what he got on a shift by shift basis.

To start with, Kadri just don't seem to be in good shape. He seems tired at the wrong end of shifts etc. He skating is quite choppy. He is not able to buy himself time with the puck. Never making those cross zone passes etc. He is also hardly impressive defensively and plays at a level where some coaches probably won't tolerate and move him to the wing for it.

I like him because of his attitude and he definitely always get into the right areas on the ice. It sounds trivial, but can't be overrated.

But to be able to match up against the top 2 line centers in the East, you must have more than that. And even if his game is really off right now, he is showing no glimpse of having that center vision that a player like him must have.

I am not the biggest Brassard fan, but I don't think its a given that you deal Brass straight up for Kadri...