Thread: Player Discussion: Brayden Schenn
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2014, 12:14 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
The only thing holding me back from saying he will be a great player in the future is that... I cant really say one thing is what he is best in. Like he has average to above average overall skill.... Which isnt bad but I do think would prohibit him. The one thing that i think is is best attribute (other than being in the right place at right time) is his shot. Right now i have that at above average but not great. Now if he worked on it and continued to improve it then he has a good chance. Overall though... Inno. There is something about him that rings 2nd/3rd (mostly 2nd) line for life. Obviously being a great 2nd liner isnt bad but still....
He's been producing at a 2nd liner pace last yr and this while getting 3rd line minutes and 2nd pp duties. He's not a 3rd liner unless he regresses. The opposite is more then likely true considering his age. He's on pace for 51 pts this yr and was on pace for 45 last season, if he improves even a bit and starts putting up around 60 pts that makes him a legit first liner. 70+ is good for top 25 in scoring most yrs. My point is he's more 1st/2nd line then he is 2nd/3rd line material.