View Single Post
Old
01-08-2014, 04:15 PM
sa cyred
No Tanking for #2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He's been producing at a 2nd liner pace last yr and this while getting 3rd line minutes and 2nd pp duties. He's not a 3rd liner unless he regresses. The opposite is more then likely true considering his age. He's on pace for 51 pts this yr and was on pace for 45 last season, if he improves even a bit and starts putting up around 60 pts that makes him a legit first liner. 70+ is good for top 25 in scoring most yrs. My point is he's more 1st/2nd line then he is 2nd/3rd line material.
Eh, I dont consider the rate of points to be a great indicator. I dont think one can say with extreme confidence that the reason Schenn is scoring at the pace is because he is creating his own chances, making great passes or scoring great goals (as in him creating those chances). Almost all of his goals are because everyone else works around defenders or make a ton of passes, it hits the goalie and he finishes.

Not saying it will not change. Like I said I think his scoring ability can be real good, but he isnt considered a sniper, grinder, playmaker, shutdown forward. He is honestly in his own category.