View Single Post
Old
01-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Vesey Season
Approaching

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
There's really no such thing as a good sub-$10 or so pastrami sandwich in NYC. You might as well just get a half pound of boar's head and make it yourself at that price point, the quality will essentially be the same.

Even at places that are seen as cheaper but high quality like Loeser's or Mill Basin that are way out of Manhattan, you're still looking at 13+.

Katz's quality is still pretty high, and is easily one of the more convenient good delis for pastrami.

Sarge's or 2nd Ave Deli are also decent options if you're more in the midtown/herald square area and prefer to walk.

Other options I'd recommend are Ben's Best in Rego Park for traditional jewish foods, and Mile End in Boerum Hill for good smoked meats.
Ooooh I forgot about Mile End, had a sandwich there a few years ago when I lived in Brooklyn and absolutely loved it. Haven't found too much of note since moving to Queens so I'll have to check out Ben's soon - thanks for the recs!

Gordon - that picture looks delicious.. but I'm stuck at work and starving, so I kind of hate you right now