Thread: Player Discussion: Brayden Schenn
View Single Post
Old
01-08-2014, 06:57 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
No didnt get to watch the game last night. But honestly you might be the only person to think he creates his own chances.... he gets in the right spot at the right time. It's not a shot at Schenn either... it's just not his type of game.

Dont know. Maybe I am wrong and am the only one that see's this. To say he is a playmaker or goalscorer, I think, is wrong.
How many chances does Stamkos create himself? It's really not as much as you would think for a 50+ goal scorer. But he, too, has a knack for "being in the right spot at the right time" which is a skill in itself.

That skill is a way of creating your own chances. While I agree that it's difficult to label Schenn a playmaker or a goalscorer, it's a little unfair to say he doesn't create his own chances. Sure, in general, he may not be the guy driving to the net or making a sweet pass across the ice, but that ability to find open ice and put himself in a position to score is half of the equation anyways, so to say he doesn't have a hand in "creating offense" is a little disingenuous.

Please note I am in no way comparing Schenn to Stamkos-- I'm just expressing their ability to go into "ghost mode" and reappear with a quality scoring chance in front of the net.