View Single Post
Old
01-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
I don't think so. The injuries really hurt his chances.

Better question:

Is Jimmy Rollins a future Hall of Famer?
I think he's got the best shot out of anyone that was a core member of this club. MVP winner, multiple GG (4) winner, multiple AS (3), Silver Slugger, and WS winner is a good chunk of hardware to start. He's also been around long enough and has played well enough offensively at a tough defensive position to rack up some numbers (and we all know how HOF voters love them some traditional numbers).

For instance, he's currently 1 HR short of 200. Once he hits that, he'll have at least 200 HR, 2k Hits, 450 2Bs, 100 3Bs, 800 RBI, 400 SBs. Only Paul Molitor (HOFer) and Johnny Damon (probable future HOFer) have at least that many in each category. And Jimmy would be the only SS to have accrued them throughout the history of baseball. If he stays healthy long enough he can certainly pad those stats a bit more and make a better case.

That said, it still might take some public massaging of those numbers to sway voters, as he didn't hit more glamorous marks of 3k hits, 1k RBI, or 300HR. I'd say it's a coin flip for Jimmy as it stands now, but I'd vote for him.