View Single Post
Old
01-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Necrophile

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Here are the lines I'd like to see when Dagenais gets back.

Zednik - Koivu - Ryder
Dagenais - Ribeiro - Balej
Bulis - Juneau - Sundstrom

More dimension to every line... Speed on every line...

Not saying this is the magical solution, but I would certainly give it a shot.
The problem with that is that we are left with Dackell, Ward, Bégin, Langdon, Kilger, and Perreault - with only 3 fourth line spots remaining. Do you honestly think CJ would leave Balej in the line-up and bench 3 of the six I've mentioned (when the first 3 are back from injury)?

I fear that he may lose his spot to an undeserving player à la Perreault or Kilger.

Zednik - Koivu - Ryder
Dagenais - Ribeiro - Balej
Bulis - Juneau - Sundstrom
Langdon - Bégin - Ward

That would be the best line-up, IMO, we could put on the ice right now (once again, assuming Balej earns his 2nd line spot next game, which he will IMO if he plays like he did in the 2nd half of Buff game). But I don't see CJ benching Dackell, Perreault, and Kilger for this line-up, sadly. So where does that leave us? With a dysfunctional "energy" line poisoned by the presence of Perreault, for example. It's too bad for Dackell, though. He has earned a 3rd line spot by his consistent and effective play. But considering Bulis is just not a legitimate top 6, I don't see who of Juneau or Sundstrom could be knocked off the 3rd line. And, not to take anything away from Dackell, he is just not 4th line material.

My main point, to resume, is that:

The Habs must learn to use the 4th line as an energy line rather than punishing or dumping non-energy players there.

Last edited by Necrophile: 01-28-2004 at 06:46 PM.