View Single Post
Old
01-09-2014, 02:59 AM
Joey Bones

vCash: 500
I did a draft a few months ago on the mock drafts page and I had the NYR taking Ho-Sang at No. 15. Now that I see other prospects increasing/decreasing productivity and we happen to snag a late 1st (say 25-30) and Ho-Sang is available, I still would be a little weary.

Right now the Rangers would most likely be picking at No. 15 again based on the current standings and IMO they should take someone with more promise. Players that I could foresee us taking at the spot are Nick Ritchie, Julius Honka, Nikolaj Ehlers, Nikita Scherbak, and Roland McKeown. I would say Jarred McCann too, but I believe he's a top 10 pick now. Out of those if they were available would have to come down to either Ritchie or Honka IMO with NYR probably coming out with Honka because of the desperate need a right handed offensive defender in our system. The only true one that we have is Calle Andersson, who we all aren't sure if he'll get a contract (he most likely will though).

But going back to the argument on Ho-Sang, I would pretty much like a different player in the 1st and maybe see how far he goes in the 2nd. Lets say we get Anaheim's late 1st rounder and they make a good cup run. Lets say they get eliminated in the conference finals and have No. 27. There I would most likely take a stab at Alex Tuch, Dylan Larkin, Jakub Vrana, Anthony DeAngelo, and Robby Fabbri (assuming all are available). I would IMO take Tuch, but if we don't take Honka before then I would take DeAngelo. Tuch is already 6'3"/213lbs. and commited to BC, according to elite prospects. The Rangers like those big guys that are college bound and I feel can be a better player for us than what Ho-Sang has to currently offer, but that's just my two cents. As a late 1st rounder I would mostly pick Tuch, but I wouldn't be upset to select Ho-Sang early in the 2nd.