View Single Post
Old
01-09-2014, 09:13 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
KHL doesn't want to accept some nordic fishing villages into the league? What a surprise. The goal is to compete with NHL. Why take them if they can't compete with American cities. Can they build an NHL level arenas and get NHL level budgets? Not in a million years. Do they even want to stop being a feeder teams? No. So it's hilarious to read the comments like "oh, you don't think that my team is a perfect expansion candidate? You are doomed! And your league! We didn't want to join anyway, good luck in Asia".

KHL doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. It is the best league in Europe AND Asia. And it's moving in the right direction. No hasty moves. Getting a solid foothold in major hockey countries and moving next. Say whatever you won't, but from where I am Jokerit looks like the best candidate from Finland. Same for Bratislava and Prague. TPS, HIFK, JYP? What is this? Why would KHL need them when we got Jokerit and the best arena in Finland?

Looks to me like some people just want to create a Nordic league at KHL's expense. Create a small division and play 90% of the games within it. Do you really think KHL is that stupid?
I agree with you that not every euro club joins KHL, small clubs have no future in KHL, only big one, from big euro cities - so Berlin, Bern, Geneve, Malmo, Stokholm etc.

@alce

You have to understand what Medvedev/KHL has talked. Yes, there is a strategy to have 32 clubs, so only one or two spots for Euros. But, what next? As Shalaev said for Radio Sport (and others), "small current clubs will have to find new wealthy owners or will be substituted by big clubs." Now ask yourself, replaced by Euros or Russian? Russia - there are not big clubs anymore in Russia (below KHL) - only Sochi, Tyumen and it is all. There is not interest nor capacity within Russia, so only euro club from cities like Berlin can join.. and they will join.

There are talks with VIF, Malmo, Servette, german club and there is interest from other countries. Why the hell should KHL talk to them, if there is no spot for more euro club?

KHL needs quality, more euro players and it is possible only with accepting more euro clubs. There is another problem with russian talent pool, not enough for 20+ top russian clubs.

and I can go on...