Thread: Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Flyers 3-1
View Single Post
Old
01-09-2014, 10:30 AM
habs1990

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
Why did they start Budaj? There's no back to back, and Philly is a hot team. Team has no confidence in him and were playing scared. That's what happens in hockey when you feel any shot can go in. The 2 soft first period goals completely deflated the team.
I Completely agree. I think that it will only get worse from now to the end of the year. I also believe that the players are more and more losing confidence with Therrien.

THerrien benching Subban the teams best player shows the other players that the coach is more concerned about his own ego rather than the team trying to win the game. As well, i found that leaving Budaj on the bench was the wrong thing to do because it telling the team that Therrien doesnt have confidence in his players to try to score with an extra man.

Overall i was extremely disappointed about how the team played and as much as the blame should go to the players for not having a intensity a lot of the blame also should be going to Therrien and the coaching staff who were not able to get the team ready for this game.

Bergevin should really consider making a trade to shake up this team or we will constantly be seeing this kind of performance the rest of the year

habs1990 is offline   Reply With Quote