View Single Post
Old
01-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I am trying to find teams that will be in the need of a shake up and the end of the year. Teams who expectations are high but have been struggling badly. Three teams immediately come to mind, Nashville, Edmonton, Winnipeg. All thee teams have one good thing working in our favor, they are in the opposite conference. Big trades generally involve a swap between them, they usually don't happen in conference. Off season especially.
Winnipeg is the team I would target. They have 3 right handed top 4 defenseman in Byfuglien, Bogosian, Trouba with Zach Redmond and Paul Postma in the wings. They won't be trading Trouba for cost reason. I would think they would like to move Byfuglien instead of Bogosian but I don't think they will get the return they think for him. He loses as many games as he wins and being 29 at season end, I don't see him changing much. Bogosian is who I would target. His injury history is a cause for concern but a top pair of Coburn Bogosian, though not elite, is certainly average to above average. It would cost the Schenns I would think, maybe a secondary piece too like 2-3 rd pick or Cousins or Leier since you really have to overpay for defensemen but his cap hit is only $1.5 million more than Luke Schenn for the next 6 years. That leaves the flyers even more cap space to play with and could conceivably bring in a Moulson or another defenseman like MacDonald or Stralman. Sucks losing b. Schenn but you have to give to get.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote