View Single Post
Old
01-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I do not want to go anywhere near Buff, and I just don't think Bogo is going to be available. He seems to really like Winnipeg and he didn't take too long to re-sign up their if memory serves me right in the off-season. Now, of course the GM might think he needs to shake up the core, but I would be very reluctant to give B Schenn up for anything other than a #1 defender. Bogo just isn't that yet. He is still extremely young though and could become a #1 here.
There are so few "number 1" defensemen in the league, they really aren't for sale. Bogosian is the best you could probably get and to your point he probably won't even be available. Number 1 centers and number 1 defensemen are so few and far between you really can only acquire them in the draft because nobody is giving them up. 2nd level guys or guys who haven't established themselves yet are the only ones available. I can think of only two number 1 centers or number 1 defensemen that have been traded in the past decade that were established when they moved: Joe Thornton and Chris Pronger.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote