View Single Post
Old
01-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Off Sides

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Valuating View Post
That's the key word, obviously. Will we be there? There are 14 games left until the Olympic break. If the team goes .500 or worse during that stretch, dealing Girardi is probable and Callahan is not out of the question either. However, if the team goes 10-3-1, obviously there are tougher decisions to make. In that case I would probably keep the team together and hope to resign at least one of the two after the season.

Keep in mind that after a 2-6 start, we've put together a stretch that would be good for about the 4th or 5th seed in the conference. Was the 2-6 start just an adjustment period to AV's system? I think we'll get an answer over the next 14 games before the break, and making a decision before then would not be the smart thing to do IMO.

I think if the team looks to be out of or waning out of playoff position nearer to the deadline they are more likely to add in another vet player somewhere than to start selling.

I believe Carcillo was not added because he is tough although that was a bonus, I think it was more about a wake up call(especially after that Pitt game) to get the other players going so they'd make the playoffs.

I think the same idea would apply in a couple weeks as well.