View Single Post
Old
01-23-2007, 04:03 PM
MidnightRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I think the Rangers made a mistake by not addressing the second line center position. It contributed to Pruchas stunted growth. I mean how can get a rookie who scored 30 goals last year, granted more than half on the powerplay, and not get him a center to feed him the puck. I understand Shannahan has taken minutes and goals away from Prucha, but still it has become clear Cullen is a third line player, granted a very good one that can help you win, but he is not an offensive presence that can help Prucha or Dawes or any young winger we might want to insert in the second line. It also contributes to Brendan's slump. Now I think Dubinsky should be given a shot if anything to show him what he needs to work on. I know one thing about him and it is that he is HUNGRY. I don't think bringing him up too soon is going to hurt him, on the contrary it will accelerate his development by showing him he's not ready and he is not the type to hurt his confidence. On the contrary I think it would make him burn more and want to fix his flaws faster. Which can of course lead to the dark side but lets cross our fingers.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote