View Single Post
Old
01-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

In baseball, those are the guys you'd label as "4A" players--too good for AAA ball, but not good enough for regular MLB action. Any way you slice it though, they're not able to perform consistently at the highest level.
That is bad for a 28 year old, but a hell of an accomplished for a teen. I would say Miller is a AAAA player.

Quote:
His performance in the KHL thus far is impressive, but it has no bearing on whether he can succeed as an NHL player.
That's an overstatement. Good play in Russia is a better omen than bad play. I have a lot more hope for Butcher than Pashnin because one is good in the K and one is still crap.

Quote:
I don't think we're really in disagreement about anything. I just take performance in any non-NHL league--AHL, KHL, SHL, whatever--with a heavy grain of salt. For every one player whose performance translates to the NHL, there are five guys who don't come anywhere close. And that might be me being generous to the other leagues.

This is why they are prospects and not players. But if Butcher keeps playing well and improving, he will be an exciting prospect. If this time next year he is a legitimate first liner in the KHL, we will have to consider him a top prospect.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote