View Single Post
Old
01-28-2004, 07:20 PM
DW

vCash: 500
I think the article stated it was at the trade deadline last year but I'm not sure if the offer was implied to be in last years draft or if it was stated such. I guess I could check it out.

Walz will be an UFA this season. Giving up a first rounder last year would be more then enough for his value. He's been good here, no question about that. I couldn't ever see his value be any higher as it was last year.

On the subject of the respect the Wild earned last year. I agree, people have taken notice of this team since it's run last year (good and bad). But I believe the respect was already floating around the league before we ever sniffed at the playoffs. This organization seems to be heading toward the top tier of the NHL. My opinion was stated that the decision not to deal Walz was made more for the fan base. It does look bad when your on the bubble of the playoffs and you deal players instead of making deals.

It doesn't really matter whether my specualtion is correct or not, I guess. Since DR doesn't really need to justify why/why not to some fan on some message board talking about an event that happened nearly a year ago. I was happy with the outcome of the playoffs. How could we all not be?