View Single Post
01-09-2014, 01:53 PM
vCash: 500
He clearly doesn't have top pairing potential, but to say he can't return to the level of a #4 guy is pretty ignorant. I'm not saying I think we should hang onto the guy because I'm pretty sure he's going to take a nice injury again sooner than we'd like to think. I also didn't come in here to compare him to Gus. The fact is that he hasn't got to play through any decent amount of games in the last few years and now that he has, he's starting to turn some corners albeit still showing many weaknesses. Either way he is an NHL caliber asset on the back end and has straight up shown to be a gamebreaker for us in recent history with glimpses of offensive potential from the back end-- something that everyone here agrees that we're sorely in need of. Ill take these isolated and timely situational occurrences right now against a younger younger somewhat equally as liable dman who hasnt contributed gamebreaking plays for us on a rough road back from the basement of the league. We're playing great hockey as a team and he's proving to be part of that-- He is a great dressing room guy aswell. Aside from that, cultivating his recent improved play is the only way to get something out of him both from the perspective of our on ice team or return in a trade. Im rooting for the guy.

It's pretty lame that so many people on here have started referring to these new stat lines to make up for their lack of real game knowledge and ability to see impacts between the lines. While they have a story to tell of their own, there's nothing that compares to watching the games and having an eye and mind for the game.

tymed is online now   Reply With Quote