View Single Post
01-09-2014, 03:09 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
You all have seen just how difficult it is for a player to break into the top 6 in the NHL. There are a lot of skilled players out there competing for those spots, and unless you really have the stuff, the spots usually go to more versatile guys like Hagelin, Callahan, Kreider who can play both in the top 6 and the bottom 6.

Guys like Buchnevich are top 6 or bust, and that hurts their chances. It is good that Buch is off to a good start, I'm thrilled about it. But he still has a much better chance of not making it than he does of becoming an NHL top 6 forward.
Why is that? He made a couple of good defensive plays in Sweden, his defensive positioning was sound and I haven't seen or read about his deficiencies on a defensive side or being a floater. It looked like he can well read a play and position himself accordingly. He doesn't shy away from physical play, pretty good on boards and goes into dirty areas around the net. What I'm saying is that he could turn out to be a top 9 forward (like Kulemin or Ponikarovsky if we are talking Russian wings).

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote