Thread: Proposal: Avs/Jets/Pens
View Single Post
Old
01-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iracundia View Post
Letang is a great player and would add some punch offensively, but the Avs have 2 promising RH PMDs in Tyson Barrie and Stefan Elliot. Barrie is up with the Avs trying to fill the PMD role. In his last game he made a beautiful pass on game-tying goal and was an absolute boss on the GWG in OT. In that 33 second OT, Barrie had 2 takeaways and scored to cap the comeback. I'd rather give the kid more time to see if he can become our PMD.

As for even trading ROR you answered part of it yourself. Why trade a core player when both the player and team are doing well. Right now we have so many top forwards on the IR that we couldn't even afford to lose McGinn, let alone ROR. But the main reason I want to keep ROR is that I feel his skill-set is that much harder to find.

This team is just coming out of its re-build and I would rather see what this group can do before making big changes. Hope fully they make the post season then after Roy and Sakic can sit down and evaluate the teams needs and move forward.
I know you didn't directly, but it's hard to compare 2 young D who've played what... 130 games between them to one of the top offensive Ds in the league.

Elliot and Barrie are what... 2-4 years away from truly being able to make an impact?