Old
01-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
What a horribly written article.

I still don't see how Gauthier was so terrible in comparison to Gainey or Bergevin to this point.

Gauthier would have selected a good player at #3 too - and likely Galchenyuk after hearing Timmins talk about him.

That's the only great move Bergevin has done so far.

His Desharnais contract was too soon. I think Desharnais is a big part of the team going forward, but he could have been had a lot cheaper had he just waited. As for the Emelin contract? I don't even know. That was one of the worst contracts I've ever seen given out. Maybe he earns it, but who the hell gives out a contract after a guy has been out that long and been in the league for basically a week? Briere... well I just don't get that decision still. Adding another small guy to our lineup made no sense.

Gauthier made a lot of minor moves that didn't really do anything.

All the significant trades he made didn't really do anything, except the awesome acquisition of Wiz.

I'm still a fan of the Cammalleri trade. And I was a huge Cammy fan. But the assets we've got back are awesome (Bourque is meh - sometimes great, sometimes bad, but I've loved the Holland and Fucale picks). We turned Hal Gill into Dalton Thrower and then turned Andrei Kostitsyn into Jacob de la Rose. Yes, I realize those are combining both GMs moves, but I have trust in Timmins to get his guys anyway.

Bergevin has done a lot of sitting on his fingers, after acquiring a solid team and signed some horrible contracts. Oh, and the horrible buyout of Tomas Kaberle. How is Gauthier a sack of potatoes GM and Bergevin a good one? Bergy has done nothing to impress me except wear cool suits.

PS. This isn't a post to say I would have kept Gauthier. Just don't get how Bergevin has earned a better rep.

At the end of the day, our team is coached by a nobody with little to no education from Pointe-Saint-Charle. Why did we bring Bergevin in? WHAT DID HE DO? It was only a huge marketing thing.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote