Thread: News Article: Habs fans need to chill
View Single Post
Old
01-10-2014, 10:25 AM
blarneylad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
I've been chillin' for 20 years of soap opera-like drama with various combinations of dumb and dumber as coach and GM. Isn't it time I get repaid for all that chillin'. 20 years ought to be long enough to build a contender. If not at least do a proper tank job and start hoarding all the prospects like Pittsburgh, Chicago and Edmonton did and still do.
It is more than long enough. But unfortunately the previous regimes didn't get it done. That is not the blame of Bergevin. He essentially has started at year 0

Quote:
This alienating your superstar job of Therrien doesn't work. Alienating Patrick Roy didn't do us any good, we got three plugs in return. Same with Lafleur, we got nothing in return from doing that. What are we going to get by continually punishing Subban. We'll get 3 quarters for a dollar if we're lucky.
Therrien is a moron. I agree his time is running out.

Quote:
If Therrien can't figure things out, then he needs to move on and let someone else figure it out for him. If Bergevin can't figure that simple thing out, then he needs to go also. I'm sick and tired of cheering for what is at best a middle of the pack team. An embarrassment to the Serge Savard built teams, never mind Sam Pollock.
The problem is, who do you replace Therrien with? It's not a question of whether he will coach long term or not. (I believe he is leaving soon) But rather a question of timing. I hope we see some new blood in time for the next training camp.

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote